Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Time

About a year ago I published a blog entry declaring that the Christmas season is my favorite time of the year. This has not changed. I am already enjoying the current Christmas Season in spite of the pressures and the demands. It makes no difference. This year will be the best Christmas ever. I plan to dress up as Santa Claus this year. One of my goals is to experience a White Christmas. I guess I will need to leave town in order for that to happen. I have never been far from home during Christmas. Have I spent Thanksgiving away from family? Yes, several times (years ago). I was even offered one thousand bucks to participate in an experiment at UCLA. I would have done it , but it was during the Christmas holidays. No way. Why all of the joy? Because of Jesus. He is the reason for the season.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't know if you've read a recent article titled, "Want joy in life? Study says find some happy folks"


This is a study on joy. A researcher studied a network of people and their level of joyfulness.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20081205/news_1n5happy.html

Good luck on your plans for a white Christmas. I have heard of people renting log cabins and spending the holidays in the snow.

This year I went to the Holiday Fest at Balboa Park. Nothing touched my heart more than the Carolers from the Center for the Blind. I am grateful to be alive.