Thursday, January 8, 2009

My Prayer For The Chargers

Almighty God: you are King of kings and Lord of lords. I praise your name forever. I thank you first of all for all of your kindness and mercy. I thank you for your abundant blessings. You are omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent and eternal. For you; nothing, absolutely nothing is impossible. I come before you this day realizing that I represent many. You know all things. You know that I have been a San Diego Charger fan since 1961. On Sunday January 11, 2009, the Chargers will be playing the Pittsburgh Steelers in Pittsburgh, a Divisional round of the AFC Playoffs. I ask that you help the Chargers play their best. Bless the coaching staff. Bless all support staff. Bless the organization. Bless every player, whether he is a starter or not. Bless the offense, defense, and special teams. Help every player to do/play his very best. Bless every player's heart, mind, and body. Bless every Charger on every second of every down. Help the Chargers do their very best. Help them to play at their highest level. Help each to execute with skill, preparation, aggressiveness (within the rules to avoid penalties) and with a focused sense of urgency. Protect all Chargers from injury. I have already said that with you, all things are possible. I ask therefore, that the Chargers not fumble the ball. I ask that the Charger quarterback throw no interceptions. I ask that the Charger offense block, run, pass, catch and do everything necessary to gain yards and score points. I ask that you help them execute at their highest level. I ask that the Charger defense defend against the run and pass at a superior level. I ask that they sack, cause fumbles, recover fumbles, intercept passes, or any ball in play. I pray that the Charger defense play so superior that the Steelers will score no points. God almighty, help the special teams execute with precision, focus, skill, watchfulness, and again with an explosive aggressiveness that produces only positive results and no penalties. Again, I ask, bless all of the coaches, in particular the head coach. Give them courage, wisdom, and an attitude that produces positive results. Remove dissention and any animosity among any players and/or staff. This is a team effort. The team, the team, the team. The team with bolts on their sleeves. The San Diego Chargers. Thank you for them. Bless every part of the team. Help them to play their very best. Thank you. In Jesus' name, amen.

3 comments:

Jazmín Apodaca said...

amen bro.bobby!!
God help the chargers&coaching staff!

ACTS4HIM said...

Bro. Roberto Dominguez (aka bobby sundays).... that was an awesome prayer!!
Sorry the Charger's performance was less than stellar (the pitts!!) against the men of iron.... yes the Steelers. Come to think of it, my great ancestors that earned the name "Herrero" were also known as "hombre que trabaja el hierro".... So, I guess that's not a bad connection.... ha-ha jk Bro!

Be blessed..... the Eagle has landed ;-)

Angie said...

Hey Dad - check out this article...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9084852/Faith-driving-Warner-in-another-Super-Bowl-pursuit?MSNHPHMA

...maybe next season we should pray for Rivers' spiritual life as well as his game?