Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Biblical Health Care

"Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give." (Matt. 10:8) I have absolutely nothing against the science of medicine. Nevertheless: how can I reject something that has worked for centuries for millions of people. As already stated: I have nothing against medical doctors and those who practice in that field and it's related technologies. I will just say this: Faith works. I have seen it work too many times to discount it. I know a man who passed away at the age of 106 years. He died a natural death. He was a healthy man for most of his life, and he did not go to doctors. I am a witness of the power of God. For Him; absolutely nothing is impossible. I know people who have been healed from serious diseases; including cancer and AIDS. No disease or health malady exists that God cannot heal. My own nephew was healed from blindness. Many people have been healed from alcoholism and/or drug addiction. What about depression? Is depression a disease? Let me put it this way: whether or not it is a disease is beside the point. It is simply something most people do not want to be experiencing. "The joy of the Lord is your strength." (Nehem.8:10) Simply stated: With God's help; a person can be joyful EVERY SINGLE DAY. It is available. That is just the way it is. Have faith in the promises of God. He is not a Liar. "Is any sick among you? Let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him." (James 5:14,15) Go for it. Be healthy. It may not be part of Obama's health plan; but it certainly is part of God's health plan.

No comments: