Monday, January 18, 2010

Happy Birthday, Martin

Martin; you are a champ. You always will be. I never said you were perfect; I said you are a champ. Speaking of perfect; He is the one you preached about for so many years. The one who was, is and will always be perfect. He placed His Spirit inside of you. My brother; you payed the price for what you believed. You were mistreated, insulted, accused of this and that, your privacy was invaded, you were arrested, and eventually you were assassinated. You knew it was going to happen. You had said that "longevity has it's place, but that you do not measure a man's life by the number of years that he lives but by the quality of his contribution to improve the lives of others." You contributed the ultimate gift. Because of your continued efforts, you helped to change a major, hurtful dynamic of our society. You helped to improve the United States. You helped in this Country's continued efforts to live up to it's creed "That all men are created equal." You helped to improve the world. The cost was high, but you believed that you were called to do it; so you did.
Martin, You made many quotes; but there is one I will never forget, as long as I live: "If you hate me so much that you kill me and chop up my body into one million pieces, each one of those pieces will still say I love you." Happy birthday Brother Martin; I'll see you when I get to the other side. It is not time yet; there is still much to do. But when it is time; I too will be with the one who inspired your love for others and your pursuit of justice.

No comments: