Saturday, March 27, 2010

Because Politics Is Not My Life

Time is too precious. The hours, days, weeks and months flee. There is no time to waste. I am willing to write a congressman to let him/her know about an issue that might be of interest to me. Nevertheless, I will not waste my time getting involved in "petty politics," it just seems so silly to me. If I do not like a political leader, should I write letters and try to cause others to write letters as well? What is at stake? Will politics cease to be corrupt if I get involved more fully? I understand that there is a need for politics. But please understand: I have a life. If I have personal problems, it is definitely not the fault of government. I will not go to government if someone does not love me. I will not go to politicians if I am unable to have a happy marriage. Government/politicians cannot help me if I have anger issues. If I am bitter about broken relationships or friends that have betrayed me; is it the fault of government? No. Why blame government if I am not happy? Never,never, never will government be perfect as long as it is run by men and women. Political involvement might keep one busy, but it cannot fill the void that is in the heart. When the prodigal son realized that feeding hogs and wanting to eat their "food" was not for him: "he came unto himself." What does that mean? That means he quit blaming anyone else. That means he did not blame his parents, friends, society, government or anyone else for his situation. "He came unto himself," means he took full responsibility for where he was and what he was doing. He said: "I will arise." He did not say to anyone: "You pick me up....its YOUR fault I am here." He did not say that. Why? because "he came unto himself."

1 comment:

Angie said...

Hi Daddy! Just stopping by to check out the latest on your blog. I like this one...reminds me of what we were talking about this weekend about the conference I went to...you're right, politics shouldn't be considered the source of or solution to our problems. We need to "come to ourselves" and take responsibility for actions. Also reminds me of something I heard in church this weekend...no matter what we do, our efforts to make something perfect, via politics or otherwise, will always fall short...we'll always screw things up when we try to do them on our own. That's why we need Jesus, because He's perfect! We can't be perfect or make things perfect, so He covers us with his grace and gives us salvation. His grace is sufficient, it's all we need.

Love you Dad!!

-Angie