Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Mosque At Ground Zero?

I visited New York City in 2007. I think it is a beautiful place. Much culture, much art, much history, much population and many businesses, skyscrapers and an excellent public transportation system. We visited Ground Zero in Manhattan. I was impressed as well as depressed when I saw where the great Twin Towers once stood. I might be wrong, but I concluded that the people responsible for this travesty/tragedy involving the destruction of lives and property were people who do not come from places that have skyscrapers, subways, opportunity and freedom. The Twin Towers were destroyed because of jealousy. The jealousy of the destroyer. Will a Mosque really be built there? I have 6 questions. Is Islam a threat to America's freedom? Does Islam tolerate other religions? Does Islam tolerate the evangelization of non-Christians by Christians? Does Islam tolerate freedom of speech and the press? Would it be as easy to have the construction of an evangelical Christian Church be accepted by local civic authorities as it was for the Mosque? Is the construction of a Christian Church back to back with a Mosque a viable idea? Incidently; there are over 100 Mosques in New York City.

No comments: