Thursday, August 7, 2014

A Quote From Malcolm X

I am a firm believer in belonging to groups that satisfy your serious needs. I am not very interested in belonging to political groups. Although I do belong to a political party, politics never has been nor ever will be my greatest concern. I have not given my heart to any religious organization or denomination. I have a personal relationship with my Lord and Savior.....Jesus Christ. He is the best. He is the most powerful. He is eternal. He is full of truth, love, mercy and much more. He is the greatest there is. Why should I play in the dark. I must admit, however, that the quote below gets my serious attention. It really makes sense to me. "You put them first, and they put you last...'cause you're a chump. A political chump! ... Anytime you throw your weight behind a political party that controls two-thirds of the government, and that Party can't keep the promise that it made to you during election time, and you are dumb enough to walk around continuing to identify yourself with that Party you're not only a chump but you're a traitor to your race." (Malcolm X)

No comments: