Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Just Gentrifying

Do I have it right? Did the City of San Francisco allow one of its' public parks in the Mission District to be rented, without letting anyone know about it? It is all about the use of a soccer field in the middle of the Mission District. The field was reserved by some young, upper middle class residents of some new condos that were built to gentrify that part of the city. The field renters did it via app and they caused a disagreement between them and the locals who wanted to share the soccer field. Renting things via app is not unheard of. But renting the soccer field in the middle of the Mission District via app is apparently new and not a common practice. Some consider it to be something weird, and insensitive due to the possibility of the so-called "techies" hogging the field and keeping those of less means out. I will not take sides on this issue because I need more details. The way I view the whole scenario is this way: Courtesy goes a long way. But let me take it to the next level of greatness. Humility goes a long way. More on that on my next blog.

No comments: