Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Same Gender Marriage ?

I wrote the following letter several days ago as a result of a photo/sign that I saw on top of a  rainbow painted house.  Two gay men were holding up a sign that said " Marriage equality and justice for all."  I am aware of what the sign means.  I just do not agree with it.  Same gender marriage is not good for the country.  Also, someone had sent in a picture of a cow with a caption that said "I will give you six cows for your daughter so that I may marry her."  The purpose of that was to equate old fashioned thinking with marriage being between a man and a woman.  Is homosexuality/lesbianism something new?  No.  Is it wrong?  Yes.  Who said so?  God said so.


"Equality and justice for all? the poster needs to properly define its terms. Men and women are not equal. If they were equal they would be physically built the same. Men would have breasts that would have the potential to give milk. Women would have testicles. Men could get pregnant. And the list goes on. Marriage is for men and women, and no amount of political activism will change the truth that has existed since time has begun. All of the cultural and flexible connections to marriage such as dowries, engagement, courtship, and even elopement do not change the universal truth that marriage is between a man and a woman. I refuse to hate. I refuse to call someone unkind names. I also refuse to accept same-gender marriage as valid. God created/invented/started marriage in the Garden of Eden between a man and a woman. If you are a proponent of same-gender marriage, you are disagreeing with God and telling Him you have a "better" way. Please read Paul's Epistle to the Romans Chap. 1, verses 24 to 32."

No comments: