Monday, February 8, 2016

Reflections On The 50th Super Bowl

I guess it was more of a shocker to me than anything else.  I seriously thought that the Panthers were going to dominate the Broncos.  I mean a serious whipping.  I mean a "blowout."  I guess I thought Cam Newton was a greater player than he is.  This game brought me down to earth.  Its all good.  Football is football.  The NFL Super Bowl is unique.  It always has been.  It is generally the best football played on the planet.  I enjoyed today's game. But I would not call it tremendous.  Simply stated: the Panthers offense could not deal with the dominant and powerful defense of the Broncos.  I am not being sarcastic when I say that the highlight of the Super Bowl was Lady Gaga's rendition of the National Anthem.  I have never heard it sung so well.  I have never been a fan of Lady Gaga.  But I find it necessary to give credit where credit is due.

No comments: