Tuesday, July 26, 2016

The Health Of Our Society

Lately, We have been hearing a great deal about American Society being "sick."  Many changes have taken place.  More are on their way.  I tend to be a pragmatist.  If something works, if something works well, why change it?  I am not pleased with some of the things that are going on.  Believe me, I am a firm believer in freedom.  But like I have said before: "freedom is a tough customer."  However, we desire its business.  I am convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the United States is a great country because it has been influenced by the Word of God.  There is much more to say about that subject.  It is my plan.
On September 14, 1958, the 33rd President of the United States, Harry Truman, made this statement as a part of  the recognition of Jewish High Holy Days.  Harry Truman was a Baptist, therefore, he had a respect for the Word of God.
"The health of our society depends upon a deep and abiding respect for the basic commandments of the God of Israel."  The "God of Israel" is the God of all people.  Why?  Because there is only one God, and His Word is for all people.

No comments: