Saturday, May 20, 2017

Freedom And Bureaucrats

I have talked about this before, but I continue with the theme because I feel so strongly about it. I believe that freedom (or liberty) is the greatest gift a government/nation/society or culture can give to it's people. I believe government has the capacity to diminish creativity, productivity and prosperity. Government has the capacity of getting so immense that it has too many employees with not much to do. They then start their job as a hard-core bureaucrat Their leaders may then try to find them "something to do." That "something to do" may involve the need for the citizen to go to an interview, or a meeting, get a permit, pay some fees, wait for an environmental impact report, get some signatures, talk to another "representative" of the department, and the list goes on. All of this can impact productivity. Our society is not set up this way. Our society is set up to enable freedom to take it's course.


No comments: