Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Joy of the Lord

"The joy of the Lord is my strength." That verse is part of a scripture found in Nehemiah 8:10. It happens to be one of my favorite truths. It is powerful and so very true. I have actually experienced it in my life. Because of it, my life will never be the same. "The joy of the Lord is my strength" is a philosophy, a mind set, a way of life and a win-win situation. Who wants to be sad and depressed anyway? Do you want joy? I could just say: Ask God for it. But better yet; get to know God first; and then ask him for joy. If you get to know Him; you will know what He wants from you; and you will know what He has for you. He has more in store for you than you can possibly imagine. Do you know of anyone else who gave you (and me) 100% ? In the first place; His 100% keeps on giving and never runs out. "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (Jn. 14:6) With Jesus; life does not run out. It never ends. This causes a great deal of joy. And as a bonus you get strength. This particular strength is enough to take you, and help you through anything this life delivers. Knowing this: causes joy.......and more strength! I am telling you: It is a win-win situation. You cannot get better odds in Las Vegas or anywhere else. Please do not waste any more time. Give your life to Jesus.

No comments: