Friday, February 1, 2008

When You Get Married; Stay Married; Work It Out

I was a school teacher for 30 years. The last school where I worked was Granger Jr. High School. I had a sign written above my door that students could see every day as they walked out. It read: "When you get married; stay married; work it out." I have not always believed this, however, time, age, experience and being married for 32 years to the same woman has convinced me that staying married is the best option. Marriage is beautiful, but one must work at it. Make it work. Work things out. Do the best you can. Be honest with one another. Forget about the hidden agendas. Be faithful to one another. Love one another. Communicate with one another. Be best friends with one another. Be kind to one another. Do things for one another. Buy presents for each other. Pray for one another. Be brave. Be strong. Marriage is not for sissies. Stay married. Work it out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So the "Hall of Champions" had that sign on the door? Nice. I am sure your students remember that.

How does the song go?
"Love and marriage, love and marriage, it's an institution you can't disparage."