Saturday, June 14, 2008

A Promise of Payment

Integrity is of major importance in our dealings with people. Honesty is still the best policy. We may be bombarded with ideas suggesting that deceiving others is in our best interest. Well, deceiving others is not in our best interest; and honesty is still the best policy. Usually, lies do not last very long before they are exposed as lies. I want to make this perfectly clear to all of the borrowers of money, liars, cheats, con artists, accusers, demanders of sympathy, purveyors of guilt, and all of those who have various addictions; including the addiction of borrowing money; do not pretend that a promise of payment is the same as a payment. It is not. If I lend you money, and I have the "audacity" to inquire about repayment; please do not look at me as if I have 2 heads sitting on my shoulders. Please do not ask me: "Do I look like the kind of guy that would not pay you back?" In the first place: what does a guy who does not pay his debts look like? If a man has a powerful presence, rhetoric, and good use of sophistry, and he uses those tools to gain a loan, and then never pays it back; he is just a liar. A promise of payment is not the same as a payment. A promise of payment is just a promise. A payment is an actual payment. They are not the same thing. They never will be.

No comments: