Thursday, June 18, 2009

I Want No Sports Dynasty

I want no team to become a dynasty in a particular sport. Sure; I want the best team to win. Nevertheless, I don't want it to be the same team year after year. If the same team wins a championship year after year, something is wrong. Don't get me wrong. Every team that steps on that court or field needs to play its' best. How many times have the Steelers won the Super Bowl? Too many times. How many times have the Celtics or the Lakers won the NBA championship? Too many times. How many times have the Yankees won the World Series? The answer is the same. Here is my point. First of all: I do not hate a winner. It is out there. Go for it. I refuse to be a sore loser. In the 1998 World Series the great San Diego Padres played against the New York Yankees. The Padres got swept. Back in "84" the Tigers beat the Padres in the October Classic but at least it took 5 games. It is obvious that the San Diego Padres are nowhere near a "dynasty," but I am predicting that one year the Padres will play in a World Series and win the MLB Championship. I don't know what year it will be, but it will happen. Eventually it will happen. Am I a Padre fan? You better believe it. (since 1948)

No comments: