Thursday, June 18, 2009

I'm Going to Gettysburg

Abraham Lincoln and the Civil War are some of my favorite themes. In fact, you can almost call the study of them a hobby. I will be making my third trip to Gettysburg College to study. This year it will be about the assassination of Abraham Lincoln. Each year a different theme is offered. There will be lectures, field trips, seminars, videos and open discussions. It will be a chance to renew old acquaintances and just have a good time. During the afternoons and some evenings I will be looking for Spanish-speaking people to tell them about the power of Jesus. During my last visit to Gettysburg I noticed a large segment of immigrants from Mexico, Central America and South America. They do not need religion. They need Jesus. He is the key to finding a purpose in life. Abraham Lincoln learned that truth very early in life. His grandmother taught him to read using the Bible as an instruction book. Is there a better tool for learning? Abraham Lincoln learned many great things. His life, words and deeds attest to it. He was not perfect, but he knew Someone who was/is.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How was Gettysburg?