Monday, February 1, 2010

Hello February

Hello February. You are a cool month, in more ways than one. Every single month during which I am alive is my favorite month. And you, February are no exception. I am a southern California kid all the way, and some of the cold, freezing, biting, bitter winter experiences that poets write about are only a very small part of my lifetime of experiences. They only happened to me when I was visiting somewhere away from beautiful San Diego. Yes, the mountainous areas around here get cold, even snowy sometimes, but February is still beautiful. And it sure is today on its debut of 2010. Abraham Lincoln is my favorite president. George Washington is my second favorite. I opine that love is the most important single thing in the world. Those who don't agree with me in principle, usually agree with me according to their lifestyle, considering how they conduct themselves spending their time searching for something very special. Love is beautiful. February has a day dedicated to it. Hello February. You are special. I don't care about Mardi Gras. It is a time dedicated to what? Voyeurism? Celebration? Celebration of what? There are traditions, I know. But I will say this: I believe in freedom. Let freedom ring. If you break some laws and hurt people; let the jail keys clang as you go back to your cell. Hello February. Hello African-American History month. African-Americans, look what you have done. I won't name your heroes, there are many from all fields that include government, sports, entertainment, agriculture, industry, education, business, military and law. God has blessed you. Why? Because you have blessed Him. Hello February. Who is going to win the Super Bowl? We will soon find out. This time I will make no predictions. Think about this. Is there a monster on that field? Does he know how to throw a football? Read between the lines. I don't care for monsters. Nevertheless, let them continue to ply their trade. Send in the "dogs" after that monster. Which "dogs"? The underdogs. The underdogs who will play their "A" game. Hello February. Here is a poem for you by Eric Lies entitled: "28 Word Poem For February"

"Freezing cold winds, biting chills, and white snow fluffed hills, Valentines day, oh how gay! president's day is coming our way. February, sweet and small, greatest month of all."

No comments: