Monday, February 1, 2010

Little Gangster (Part 11) The Surprise

Jet turned to Tiffany's parents and said to them: "I can't live without your daughter. I promise to make this right. Mr. Olson, I promise to make this right." Jet was never so sincere in his life. He meant what he said. He continued, "I am not going to waste time getting to my point. At this time, I am not exactly sure how I can accomplish this, but I want you to really know that I mean business. I want to marry Tiffany. I know this whole situation is really awkward, but I am in a 'do or die' spot. At least that is how I feel. I would have preferred to propose in a fancy restaurant with a beautiful setting. Maybe its' too late for that, maybe not. They say anything is possible. If thats' the case, then its' possible that Tiffany will marry me and with your blessing." Jet showed a tremendous amount of courage and determination. He was driven. Driven by a goal. Driven by a dream. Driven by love.
Driven by a desire to be forgiven. Jet felt kind of crazy. He had seen much and been around much craziness all of his life. Violence, crime, gangs, drugs, and pride all around his neighborhood. But somehow, with the help of his mom, and the help of his coaches, he had been able to overcome the clutches of such things. He felt he had nothing to lose and everything to gain. He had developed a certain amount of confidence that had brought him to this moment. The setting was odd but beautiful and touching as Tiffany blurted out: "I would marry you today, Jet." Mrs. Olson suddenly asked: "Are you serious, Tiffany"? "Yes I am, Mom, I'm as serious as Jet is." "Can we do it as soon as possible?" Jet asked. Suddenly everyone in the house started laughing. It was a laughter mixed with joy as well as shock.

No comments: