Monday, November 15, 2010

He Apologized For Me, What An Apology!

He is still working. He is still struggling. He is still making important decisions. He is mighty, mighty powerful. Some people cannot apologize. I was one of them, so He apologized for me. I made some serious mistakes. Mistakes that demanded an apology to a high authority. I did not recognize that authority, so I meddled with a lower authority. That lower authority made some offers I could not refuse. The offers were titillating, pleasurable and enticing. However, in their pursuit, I cancelled opportunities to take my life to a higher, more meaningful level. The one who apologized for me, also taught me to apologize for myself. When He apologized for me, He taught me the importance of recognizing my faulty actions and the importance of correcting them. He apologized for me when He said: "Father forgive them for they know not what they do." What I did was substitute some words. I substituted the name Bobby where the word "them" is, he for "they," knows for "know" and does for "do." Since He substituted for me, I also did a little bit of substituting. His was action. Mine is belief. His death. My devotion. He apologized for me. What an apology! What an apology!

No comments: