Friday, November 26, 2010

I Am Grateful

I am grateful for so many things that I actually do not know where to start. Two days ago I turned 68 years of age. My birthday is during the Thanksgiving holiday, November 24th to be exact. I am thankful to be alive. I am thankful to be healthy. I am thankful for my dear wife who loves me. I love her too. I am thankful for my 3 grown children, two daughters and a son. They are all good looking, healthy and intelligent. They are all married. I have 2 awesome sons in law and one awesome daughter in law. I have 3 beautiful granddaughters; ages 1, 3 and 5. Wow! What princesses! I am thankful to be a retired teacher. I am thankful to be a minister and co- pastor of an evangelical Church. I am thankful that I am not in need. I am thankful to live in this great country. I am thankful for the five F's, which are family, friends, favor, future, and function. The first two are self-explanatory. The other 3 I will discuss. Favor means God's favor. He loves me. He has been good to me. He has favored me. Future refers to a bright future. The future is bright as long as God is included in it. With Him: it is a win, win situation. Function means I am able to function. I can think, speak, walk, help, work and just do many things. My 5 senses operate. They operate well. I pray that I refrain from taking things for granted. I am blessed. I know I am blessed. I just do not want to think that I necessarily "have it coming to me." God has been good to me. I am convinced that He will continue to be good to me. Why will He continue to be good to me? Because He is a good God. Being good to us is what He does, and does best. I acknowledge His goodness toward me and us. I will love Him, worship Him, obey Him, and serve Him. I cannot repay Him for what He has done for me. But I can remember where He brought me from. I have no plans to go back. I thank Him. I am grateful.

1 comment:

Angie said...

I love you, Daddy!! I am thankful for you!!