Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Hatred And Homosexuality

God, in His teachings, prohibits me from hating anyone. Therefore I refuse to hate anyone. I will not hate anyone. I will not carry that burden. I do not care if it sounds milquetoast, corny, phony or unrealistic. Life is serious business, and my life is serious business to me. It has purpose. It has meaning. It has divine guidelines. I did not create the guidelines. I am not divine. Nevertheless, I am not a lower animal. Albeit, lower animals practice species specific behavior. This means that even lower animals have their parameters. "Anything Goes" is a song title from an earlier decade. Maybe it sounds cute and enticing; but if you live that way, expect to go to prison, or maybe even a worse fate. In His Word; God speaks of the sanctity of marriage. It is between a man and a woman. Sexual intercourse between two men is not any of my business. I do not want to hear about it. It is private. It is shameful. God declares it to be a sin. Do I declare it to be sinful and shameful? Yes. Why? Because God said it first. But let me make one thing perfectly clear: I refuse to sputter hatred regarding this matter. It is a moral principle. Hatred does not, should not, and will not enter into the equation. Not in my view, but even more important, not in God's view. Hatred is a sin. So is homosexuality.

No comments: