Tuesday, June 25, 2013

100 Years......A Long Life?

Recently I read that more and more people are reaching the age of 100.  In my view, 100 or a bit more years is not a long time.  A long life has its place.  It is a blessing.  I neither criticize those who achieve it, nor would I reject it for myself.  Nevertheless, I am more of a proponent of a quality life than a long life.  A long, fruitful life would be ideal.  By fruitful, I mean service to God.  Our works, our prayers are still operating after we are long gone.

 "I have been young, and now I am old, and I have not seen the righteous forsaken nor His seed begging bread." (Ps. 37:25) Have faith. Be rewarded. Seek God. "For he who comes to God must believe that He is and is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." (Heb. 11:6) Do you think 100 years is a long life? Well........ not compared to eternal life.

No comments: