Monday, October 21, 2013

Prelude To 18 Quotes Of Abraham Lincoln

I write this because there are those who have accused Abraham Lincoln of being an atheist.  Lincoln, an atheist?  How ridiculous can you get.  I stand firm in my persuasion that he is the greatest President to ever hold the office.  To me it is quite simple.  His knowledge of the Bible and his willingness to pray molded his character.  Belonging to an organized religion did not define him because he was not a member of a particular Church.  Knowing the Word of God and adhering to its principles caused Lincoln to be a great leader.  There are those who have attempted to convince me otherwise.  Although I have been a willing listener, all have failed to convince me.  The following 18 quotes are just a small portion, considering that nearly everything he wrote had a reference to God and/or His Word.  I do not have an actual measuring device to be able to determine his influence in making this a greater nation.  I will just simplify things by saying that his greatness is due to his knowledge of the Word of God, and how it guided his actions and words.



No comments: