Monday, December 2, 2013

The Blessings Of Faith

We make choices.  Some of those choices are advantageous, some are not.  It is a wise choice to have faith in God and His Word.  Some may say that faith is not a choice but that it is something that is already pre-ordained by forces greater than ourselves.  Some may say:  "Don't talk to me about God, I would rather talk about my vacation or my new  house."  However it works out, is not faith a choice?  Faith has certain requirements.  I am convinced that in order to acquire faith, one must hear the Word of God.  This is where faith comes from.  It comes from the Word of God.  Some want to hear.  Some do not.  Things happen to one who has faith.  His/her life begins to develop a certain quality that cannot be compared to anything else.  One begins to feel secure and safe.  One begins to believe that everything is going to be fine.  "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."  (Heb. 11:1)  "The substance of things hoped for"?  "The evidence of things not seen"?  Blessings come when you believe.  What if you pray, and your prayers are answered?  If you hope for things......then you pray.  You receive.  Do you want something?  Ask God for it.  Do it humbly, boldly...... but with faith. "But without faith it is impossible to please God."  (Heb. 11:6)  Exercise your faith.  And I do not mean exercise your religion or organization!  I mean exercise your faith.  "You people are too weird," she said.  Without being sarcastic, I responded, "Where did the air you are breathing come from?  Who created the ability for you to think and come up with ideas such as the one you have just shared?  Why are we here?  Do you have a better response for the purpose of life than to honor God and obey His word"?  She was willing to talk and listen but she did not answer any of the questions I asked her.  I did not pressure her.  She was a young woman who was not happy, but she wanted to be.  Basically, all it takes is faith.  But here is the clincher:  It must be faith in Jesus Christ.  If it is not faith in Him, you do not reach God.  Jesus said:  "I am the way, the truth and the life, and no man comes unto the Father but by me."  (John 14:6)  Notice Jesus said "comes," he did not say "goes."  There is much more.  Enjoy.  Enjoy the blessings of faith.

No comments: