Thursday, January 23, 2014

My Letter To Washington Post

This is a letter I wrote today to the Washington Post regarding the actions of Mark Herring, Attorney General of the State of Virginia, who recently chose to support same-sex marriage. "I do not have a 'religion.' I have faith in God and His eternal Word. My faith teaches me to not murder people. My faith teaches me not to steal, lie, commit adultery, fornicate or kidnap and/or beat people up My faith teaches me to be kind and respectful to others. My faith teaches me to not say unkind words to others and to not be a gossiper. My faith teaches me, and millions of others many good things. The Word of God has influenced legislation in this nation for centuries. The Word of God is perfect. Human beings are not. Nations are not. Governments are not. Bureaucrats are not. Politicians are not. This is why we need the Word of God. Attorney General Mark Herring is not being heroic. He is being deceived by people with an agenda that is contrary to the Word of God. To me, this is serious business. I am fully aware that we live under a government that is called a "republic." There is no "danger" of it ever becoming a theocracy. Those who visit Washington DC may wonder about that, considering all of the references to the Word of God on its monuments. This would truly be a long comment if I quoted all of the presidents in respect to the Bible. I will only quote two. "In this book (the Bible) will be found the solution of all the problems of the world." Calvin Coolidge, thirtieth President of the United States. Do certain political activists really think that most Americans will just ignore and/or do away with the moral guidelines of its founders and past leaders? What did George Washington say about it? "It is impossible to govern a nation without the Bible." I will end my words by saying this: Do away with the Bible......do away with freedom. If you do not think that it is happening already, take a look around. And please remember that governments are not the only 'freedom snatchers.'"

No comments: