Friday, April 11, 2014

One of The Greatest Delusions

Government is not "everything" to me. I am well aware that I am not alone. I do not hate government, but I do not expect government to be my problem solver. Yes, there are situations that government needs to deal with. And yes, laws exist (supposedly) for the purpose of protecting people. I am of the opinion that one of the best things government can do is butt out. Perhaps it sounds crude. Nevertheless, we are aware that government does not know everything. Maybe it would like to know everything......but it cannot. Therefore it cannot cure everything. RD "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation." Thomas B. Reed 1886 (1839-1902) Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives

No comments: