Saturday, July 5, 2014

Happy Birthday, America!

I am patriotic. That is just the way it is. There are no perfect countries anywhere, and there won't be in the future. I do not blame any person, young or old, male or female, for wanting to immigrate to this great nation. There are two main reasons: opportunity and freedom. I want to wish America a happy birthday! I will celebrate freedom every day. Freedom did not come from America, it has allowed it to be practiced. I do not deviate from my persuasion. I know better. Freedom comes from the Word of God. I know, I know. If I am called a "religious nut," it won't be the first time, nor the last. Please remember: All of the Presidents this nation has ever had; from Washington to Obama, have respected the Word of God. Obviously, some more than others. Here are some quotes about the Bible made by three former Presidents. "It is impossible to govern the world without the Bible." G. Washington. "In regard to the Great Book, (The Bible), I have only to say that it is the best gift God has ever given to man... But for this Book we could not know right from wrong." A. Lincoln. "In this book will be found the solution of all the problems of the world." C. Coolidge. There is much, much more regarding this theme. Where would we be without the Word of God to guide us? "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." Jesus

No comments: