Saturday, January 3, 2015

Not Under The Purview Of Law

Is it against the law to disagree with someone's lifestyle? Is it against the law to have a point of view that is traditional? Is it against the law to practice freedom? Is it against the law to be rude or disrespectful? Am I correct in assuming that the law does not need to be involved in everything that we do? I am free. However, I have no guarantee that all people will agree with me, or be kind to me. If I greet someone in the street, are they under any obligation, by law, to return my greeting? Of course not. Kindness, courtesy and respect do not fall under the authority of the law. They may be connected to law. They may even inspire certain laws. However, they are not under the purview of law. They are under the purview of upbringing, morality and civilization. They are not under the purview of law.

No comments: