Monday, April 13, 2015

Ex Gays? Yes....Of Course!

Very briefly, I would like to discuss a subject that I think is close to being taboo. It deals with men and women who have had same-sex attraction, but then became heterosexual. Approximately 10 Christian ministries exist for the purpose of providing a system by which men and/or women may rid themselves of same-sex attraction through Christian therapy which mainly consists of Bible study, prayer and counseling therapy. There are two main reasons why I believe that the transition is possible. Firstly, the Bible teaches that same gender sexual activity is a sin. Secondly, I believe that with God all things are possible. I definitely believe in the power of prayer. "Ask and it shall be given unto you, seek and you shall find." (Matt. 7:7) Those are the Words of Jesus, and there is much more. He has all the power. Have faith in God. Jesus is God. This is a paramount truth, considering that He declared in the Gospel of John 15:5, "For without me, you can do nothing." Was Jesus being arrogant? No. He was speaking as the God that He is. I will not allow the system, culture, trends, and lies that this world disseminates cause me to doubt the truths of the living God. Another thing, I firmly believe in freedom. I believe that a person can worship God any way he or she chooses to, and yes, of course I realize that this can sometimes be at odds with the laws of the land. We see it happening as I speak. Nevertheless, I am not interested in defying or challenging the laws. I am aware that standing up for my faith can at times be costly. I am also aware that Jesus told His believers: "You are the salt of the earth and you are the light of the world." (Matt. 5:13,14) I could go on and on, but I will finish with this: If a man is fed up with being a homosexual....he can stop being one....with God's help. He can repent. He can pray with faith. He can pray in Jesus' name. "If you shall ask anything in my name, I will do it." (John 14:14) "Call unto me, and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things that you do not know about." (Jer. 33:3) Please remember that there is only one God and Lord. Jesus has all the power. There is much more.

No comments: