Thursday, May 21, 2015

Anne And Madison

I don't usually write about these things in any of my blogs, but what a terrible loss. It happened early Saturday morning on May 16th, 2015. Ironically, it was Armed Forces Day. Jason King, a young Marine, was drunk. He was driving the wrong way on SR-163 in San Diego. He crashed his Ford F-350 truck into a Toyota Prius, killing two medical students who had just finished their second year of medical school at UCSD. Anne Baldock was 24 years of age, and Madison Cornwell was 23. Both young women were highly respected by all who knew them. They were well-liked. Too bad this happened. I relate to this because I too, was a drunk driver. Many accidents. Many arrests. I am so grateful to God that I never killed anyone (including myself) I did not learn my lesson until the age of 32. I was a hard-core alcoholic, definitely nothing to be proud of. However, I thank God that I have not had a drink in 40 years. May God comfort the friends and family of Anne and Madison.

No comments: