Monday, June 22, 2015

I'm A Summer time Guy

Yesterday was the first day of Summer. Bring it on! I'm a Summer time guy. Summertime takes me back to those innocent and fun days. Playing baseball at Kimball Park, swimming at the National City Plunge. Selling newspapers in Downtown National City (when NC had a downtown). When I got a little older, 3 straight years of football practice during the hot months of August, September and October. Yes.......and going to the beach. Imperial Beach, Coronado, La Jolla, Mission Beach.....it was all good. My early twenties? The Army. Basic training at Ft. Ord in the Summer time. I didn't hate it. I didn't love it. It was a little bit of fun. Camp Roberts? Look out. Now, that is a hot place. No worries. I was a Summer time guy. And sometimes I just enjoy being outside when it is super hot. We go to Palm Desert every Summer or Fall. Usually 100 plus degrees. I love it. Why? Because I'm a Summer time guy. Summer just has a certain charm to it. Why? Because I'm a Summer time guy.

No comments: