Wednesday, July 8, 2015

When Governments Fear The People

I do not want the government under which I live, to be tyrannical. I want to be free. I want to be free to live as I choose. I know government is necessary. I know we have laws. I choose to obey them. They are there for a purpose. I know government has corruption. I just do not want the corruption to affect me directly, in a negative way. Maybe that sounds too idealistic. Nevertheless, I want to be free. And I think Thomas Jefferson agreed with me. Or, maybe I should say I agree with him. Incidentally, I do not own firearms. However, I am very pro-Second Amendment. I have my reasons. RD

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

No comments: