Monday, August 7, 2017

Freedom Has Demands (Part 1)

Freedom is not easy in society.  It has requirements.  It is difficult to be free if you depend on others. It is difficult to be free if one is lazy.  It is difficult to be free if one lives  in serious poverty.  It is difficult to be free if one is weak and ignorant.  I know there are those who do not agree with the aforementioned.  I also know that they might have a point.  I have heard some say : "The dumbest people are the most free people."   I agree that freedom has a price, and I think that the previous quote represents a high price to pay.  Calvin Coolidge, the 30th President of the United States was a quiet, and reserved person.  He addressed the issue in the following quote.

"We demand entire freedom of action and then expect the government in some miraculous way, to save us from the consequences of our own acts. Self-government means self-reliance."

No comments: