Friday, August 18, 2017

NFL Player, Don't Disrespect The Flag

                       
                       I wrote the following letter to a news outlet.  Here it is.

If you do not want to obey your boss, find another job. Football is an American sport. The NFL is an American Corporation. The NFL makes a great deal of money. The players make a great deal of money. The fans enjoy watching Pro football. I was a Charger fan for 56 years. The USA is an imperfect country. But that does not mean I will disrespect its flag and National Anthem. If the disrespect to the flag continues, I will watch no more NFL football. It is the principle of the thing. I believe in freedom, and to those players I say: “You do your thing, I’ll do mine.” There is plenty of football to watch elsewhere. I plan to be at a high school football game every Friday night when the season starts.  I live 1 block away from a community college. I am also near to Pop Warner Football. I love football. I played it in high school. Later, I coached high school football. There is plenty to do on a Sunday afternoon.  If I must say goodbye to the NFL, so be it.  I do not necessarily need to be "glued to the tube."  If I choose to watch TV,  there are plenty of commercial free movies to watch.

No comments: