Friday, February 9, 2018

Some Thoughts About Money

I never thought I would actually meet someone in person who considered money to be his God.  I think I have actually met him.  He may not think so.  He may not even realize it.  However, his actions have led me to believe that he worships money.  I think that is the crux of the matter.  Money is not really his God.  He just acts like it is. I also want to make something very clear.  I have heard "money is the root of all evil."  That is absolutely a misquote.  What the Word of God actually says about that is:  "For the love of money is the root of all evil."
(I Tim. 6:10)  I say, have a degree of respect for money.  Be grateful for it.  But "love" it?  Absolutely not.  The following are two quotes that tend to confirm my point of view.  RD

"Money, it has been said, is the cause of good things to a good man, of evil things to a bad man."

Philo of Alexandria  (250 BC - 50 AD)


"If money be not thy servant, it will be thy master.  The covetous man cannot so properly be said to possess wealth, as that may be said to possess him."

Sir Francis Bacon   (1561 - 1626)















No comments: