Friday, December 7, 2007

I Love The Christmas Season

There is no time like it on earth. I feel the Christmas Spirit. I feel like being nicer to people. I feel joy. I have hope. I have love for others. An event is being celebrated." For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given, and the government shall be upon His shoulder. And His name shall be called wonderful, counselor, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace". Why shouldn't I be happy? Who can match Him? What can match Him? He is. He is eternal. God is not born. God cannot be "born". God is our saviour. But He was not to do it except through the person of Jesus Christ. Without the shedding of blood, there is no remission of sins. A spirit has no blood. God is a spirit. That Spirit became a man. Why? To fulfill the plan of salvation. He had to be born of a woman. But that woman was a virgin. That which was inside of her was of the Holy Ghost (God Himself). It is the greatest story ever told. It is the greatest love story ever told. What makes it great? It is true. It is a true story. It is so powerful that it changed my life, from sadness to joy. From hopelessness to hopefulness, from a purposeless life to a purposeful life, from foolishness to wisdom. From darkness to light. Jesus represents to me, everything that is beautiful. I love Him. I thank God that I can experience the Christmas Spirit all year long. It is not seasonal. It is constant. It is the Holy Spirit in action and where the Holy Spirit is; there is liberty. It is that liberty that causes/inspires me to write these words. There is much more.

No comments: