Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Made in the Image of God

Yesterday I witnessed a young man have an accident on his bicycle because the chain broke. The young man was in his early twenties. He fell, hit the pavement and got up. I asked him if he was injured. He said no. I said: "You are not hurt because Jesus did not allow it to happen, let's thank him," I said. "No, I don't believe in God," he said. I backed off. Now, God will be doing something in that young man's life because I will be praying specifically for him. I don't know the young man, and I probably will never see him again. However, I do know this: he is made in God's image. To not believe in God is probably the biggest mistake a person can make. We are made in God's image, and unbelief in God is a deviation; an aberration which substitutes man's pride instead of man's respect for the sovereignty of God. Jesus Christ is God. He works, He moves, He operates. He answers our prayers. "If you shall ask anything in my name, I will do it". (John 14:14)

No comments: