Saturday, November 15, 2008

If I Am A Hater

I don't agree with you and you don't agree with me. The question then remains: Where do we go from here? Obviously it depends on what it is we do not agree on. If I like coffee and you do not like it, I suppose it is no big deal. If I like the Chargers and you like the Raiders: no problem, actually I would prefer to agree with you ; but there are just some things we will not agree on. So what else is new? If I feel threatened by your intelligence or your good looks I may not want to agree with you because I might be jealous of you. If I do not agree with you and you happen to make sense. My jealousy might turn into hatred. If I continue hating; I need to stop. If hatred is like a comforter, then I need to find another comforter. If you are ugly and you are mean, it might be easier to hate you. But I must not hate you. If you have some bad habits I must not hate you. Hatred is connected to fear. A person hates because he fears. So, what is the solution? The solution is perfect love. Perfect love? Yes, perfect love. Why? Because "perfect love casts out all fear."

No comments: