Friday, February 20, 2009

I Am A Bondservant

I am a slave to nobody else, only Jesus. Let me explain: Bondservant means "slave." I am that kind of slave. I am a voluntary slave. Forced slavery or involuntary servitude is the kind of slavery most people talk about when discussing this topic. Nevertheless, I want to make it perfectly clear that I am a "love slave" of and for Jesus. I have chosen to be His slave because He is the wisest, kindest and most powerful boss, leader or master a person can ever have. I am His slave. I am His bondservant. He called me and I answered. He is a perfect Master. I am an imperfect slave. He is always kind, merciful and forgiving. I cannot truthfully say that I am always that way. He wants me to work at it. This Master is also my Father; my Heavenly Father. I am His son. He gives me comfort. He gives me joy. He gives me strength. "The joy of the Lord is my strength." This is a win-win situation. It is impossible to lose. That is why I am His bondservant. (see Rom. 1:1)

No comments: