Friday, October 9, 2009

JB's Proposal

To complicate things (or maybe uncomplicate them) JB got an offer from an NFL team to be an assistant coach. The salary was triple of what he was earning as a school teacher. JB waited. "First things first," he thought. It was during the month of March. Football season was over. JB decided he was going to propose marriage to Anne on the approaching Saturday night. He took her to dinner at a restaurant in the Gaslamp Quarter of Downtown San Diego. After dinner he said the following words: "Anne, You are really, really special to me. I have never loved anyone the way I love you. I would do anything for you. You are so beautiful and nice. You have been really good to me. You have put up with me. You have put up with my schedule. You have won me over. You have "pancaked" me. "What does `pancaked` mean,"she asked.
"Well, when an a blocker on the offensive team blocks a defender and flattens him; they call that a pancake block. That's what you have done to me. Will you marry me? Before you answer; please allow me to explain something that is very important to me.
I love you. I love football. I have been offered a job to coach football in the NFL. This also is a dream come true. Please understand my situation. I don't want to live without you. If you say yes, we will need to move to the Midwest somewhere. Later, we may need to move somewhere else. We can work things out. Marry me. What do you say? "How soon would you like to get married?" She responded. They have been married over 9 years. They have 2 daughters.

No comments: