Monday, April 12, 2010

Good Water, Bad Water

A good, cold glass of water is sure refreshing when you are thirsty. I like it when it is crystal clear. I like it when it is cold, and when it tastes pure. I like hot water to take a shower. I like warm water as well. Cold showers invigorate. I like them too. I use good, pure water to wash my clothes, make my coffee and tea. I also use it to cook my food. I like water. I like to swim in it.....mostly in a swimming pool. I seem to like water only when it is under control. When it is under control it is very useful for industrial purposes and the transfer and disposal of human waste. Thus, water under control prevents and treats illness. If it is out of control, people drown. If it is out of control it will flood cities, farms, businesses and property. It will destroy the lives of people and animals. It will cause disease, illness and death. It can cause despair and hopelessness. Why? Because it is out of control. Sometimes dog owners who train their dogs say to them: "Good dog!" Sometimes they say to them: "Bad dog!" It just all depends on the outcome of their conduct. The same is applicable for water. Can we control water? History and technology tell us yes. They also tell us no. Consequently there is good water and bad water.

No comments: