Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Wrigley Field

I have been a baseball fan for many, many years. Last week I had the privilege of visiting a a baseball stadium that was built in 1914. I was in Chicago and I attended a baseball game on Tuesday, September 20th at Wrigley Field. The baseball park looked and felt old. But things were sure good. I had a feeling of deja vu. It felt like I was at Lane Field in 1948 to watch the Pacific Coast League, San Diego Padres. What an environment. All those Chicago Cubs fans. The Cubs were playing the Brewers. I was with my wife, Sandy. We had taken the L Train from downtown. The train was so packed, I literally shoved Sandy into the train. We got a couple of souvenirs before the game started. We shared a hot dog and a soda. We relaxed, had some snacks and just enjoyed some good major league baseball. After the game, we took the L Train back to downtown. We found a restaurant called Pizzeria Uno, also a very old place with a good reputation for Chicago style pizza. The pizza was good but it was a style I had never eaten before; deep dish with lots of cheese, and spices. We called it a night. We had a nice walk back to our hotel. I really like Chicago. It is my kind of place.

No comments: