Tuesday, May 8, 2012

My Response To Some Critics On Yahoo

I kept it short. I responded to some words that Ellen Degeneres spoke at a college commencement exercise. I was criticized. I was told to be quiet by some readers. This is a short response I gave to my critics: "Ellen may say all she wants to say. So may I. So far so good. The First Amendment is alive and well. Freedom is a "tough customer." Would a police state be easier ? It is necessary to have a police state where the truth is not preached. 'And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.' (Jn. 8:32) Stephen was preaching the truth. The people who stoned him to death covered their ears before they stoned him. I think we can safely say that Stephen did not have "freedom of speech." Nevertheless, he had liberty." "Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty." (2 Cor. 3:17)

No comments: