Friday, May 18, 2012

Pelosi's Declaration About Gay Marriage

Nancy Pelosi recently said: "My Catholic faith compels me to support same sex marriage." I am not a Catholic. I never have been. Nevertheless, in spite of its' scandalous past, I have been led to believe by the Roman Catholic Church, that it is against gay marriage. Therefore, how can Pelosi make a statement like that? It is extremely hypocritical. It is an example of selling out to political expediency. Yes, gay marriage is a reality. But in my view it is an oxymoron. Marriage is between a man and a woman. I believe the Word of God is superior to the opinions, trends and stubborness of men. In the defense of marriage, there is much I could quote from the Bible. But I will stick to one quote from Jesus. "But from the beginning of creation God made them male and female. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother and cleave to his wife." (Mark 10:6,7) Nancy Pelosi owes the Catholic Church an apology. Does not the Catholic Church believe in the sanctity of marriage?

No comments: