Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Chimps Are Not People, They are Animals

You can dress them in a tuxedo, give them human names and call them part of the family. Maybe you can teach them to do tricks and clap their hands and even smile.  But chimps are not people.  They are animals.  They are strong....8 times stronger than the average man.  Many people have been mauled by chimps.  A few years ago, a woman was blinded and her face disfigured by a chimp.  She had brought a birthday cake for him.  A birthday cake?  Are you kidding me?  Man, chimps are not people.  They are animals.  True, some people have a knack,  a gift, an ability to be able to deal with animals in a very special way, like Jane Goodall,  but not everyone is Jane Goodall, and even she is careful.  A little bit of common sense goes a long way.  Why do you think gorillas and other primates are in enclosures at the zoo?  What I think happens sometimes, is that people misconstrue the belief that humans are superior to all animals.  I definitely believe that humans are superior.  However, do I then proceed to be careless?  Do I then proceed to be cavalier?  Do I then proceed to "act in faith" without having faith and only arrogance?  No.  We must not do that.  I have aleady mentioned common sense.  Chimps are not people, they are animals.

No comments: