Friday, July 13, 2012

Oscar Pistorious

 I congratulate Oscar Pistorious.  He is the first double amputee to ever be selected to participate in the Olympic Games.  Good for him.  Great for him.  He is a champ regardless of the outcome of his competition.  He is known as the Blade Runner.  He is a 25 year old South African.  The "blades" are artificial legs used mainly for competitive running,  He will be competing for South Africa in the 1600- meter relay.  Although his favorite event is the 400 meters, he failed to qualify for it by less than a quarter of a second.

Yes, I congratulate Oscar Pistorious.  I like his name.  It is catchy.  It is rythmic.  But aside from that, he is an inspiration to those who struggle in sports or other endeavors.  I say go for it.  Work hard, and expect the best.  I know it can be difficult.  Do it anyway.   Think of Oscar Pistorious.                            

No comments: