Monday, October 29, 2012

Rape and Pregnancy, I Defer My Answer

Please do not talk foolishly or ignorantly about rape.  Rape is serious business.  The rape of children is particularly heinous.   Women get raped, and sometimes become pregnant as a result.  Here is the bottom line:  No man should have sex with a woman unless she is a willing participant.   Does that statement makes sense?   From a Biblical perspective:  No man should have sex with a woman unless he is married to that woman.   I do realize that the majority of the adults in this world probably disregard the previous statement and in many cases disrespect it.  However, many do not disregard/disrespect it.  But that is a discussion for another time.  If a woman gets pregnant as a result of a rape,  what is she to do?  Is there an easy solution?  No. The world is imperfect.  It is full of imperfect human beings.  Does a woman who is raped and gets pregnant as a result,  go get an abortion?   I don't know.  I defer my answer.  I defer my answer to the unknown third party.   Ask him or her.  Ask the developing human being:  "Do you want to live or do you want to die?"  He or she will give the same answer we gave when we were in the same situation.  "I want to live."  Every time that human moves, reacts, breathes and eats......he/she is saying  "I want to live."   That is what we said too.

No comments: