Friday, March 1, 2013

Coy Is A Boy

Coy Mathis was born male.  He is from Fountain, Colorado. He likes to dress up as a girl.  He is six years old.  He made the transition from boy to girl at the age of four.  His parents should not have allowed it. He is in the First grade.  He wants to use the girls'  restroom.  Some of the parents of the school have complained because they do not want this boy using the girls' restroom.  I do not blame them.  Boys are boys, and girls are girls.  The school districts' decision to allow this child to use only the boys' restroom, gender-neutral faculty bathrooms or the nurse's bathroom, I think is fair and reasonable.  The parents of Coy do not agree and are taking legal action.  They want their son to be able to use the girls' restroom.  To me, the parents of Coy are inconsiderate, unreasonable, unrealistic, and selfish.  This is a public school, not a private home. Since Coy was surrounded by sisters, maybe he wanted to be a girl as well.  I do not place the blame on Coy.  He needs the proper guidance.  It appears the parents have succumbed to the pressures of some of the societal trends.  They truly need to do some child-rearing, but it appears that they need to develop for themselves a value system that considers the importance of reality.  They have been fooled into thinking that gender is a choice.  Gender is not a choice.  It was determined at the moment of conception.  That boy needs a proper upbringing.  Of course there will be challenges.  When has raising children not been  challenging?   Taking this situation to court will be time-consuming, expensive and totally unnecessary.  So, the boy wants to be a girl.  Too bad.  Too late.  "Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it."  (Prov. 22: 6)  Incidently, I met an ex Principal of an elementary school about two years ago.  He chose to retire early  because he was faced with the same issue.  People tell me that he was an outstanding Principal.  These are the words he shared with me:  "I never dreamed I would need to deal with a problem like this......'I'm done, I'm outta here,' I told them."


No comments: