Thursday, March 14, 2013

Santa Muerte?

Ten days ago, Yahoo news carried a news article about the veneration of a particular saint that some people in the US and Latin America are praying to.  The title of the article read:  "Underworld saint becoming more popular in the US."  And what is the name of the "saint"?  Santa Muerte.   You mean "Holy Death," or "St. Death"?   Death is the result of sin.  The "wages of sin is death."  To what depths  is the  ignorance of God's word sinking in the 21st Century?  Although my response to the article could have been ten thousand words long, I kept it short.  Here it is:

"Jesus said: "In my name you shall cast out demons." I refuse to pray to virgins, statues, idols, crosses, candles, and dead people. I pray to Jesus. He is God. He is Lord. He is the everlasting Father and the prince of peace. He is the way the truth and the life. Without Him we can do nothing. Absolutely nothing is impossible for Him. He is the light of the world. Please, folks. Quit playing in the dark. " I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Phil. 4: 13) Give Jesus your life. You will never be sorry."




No comments: